Saturday, November 01, 2008

Cholesterol Week is Here!


In less than 24 hours, I'll be winging my way to Florida to join in the annual ritual I call Cholesterol Week. I consider it my version of Festivus - the fictional holiday made famous by Jerry Seinfeld.

Cholesterol Week does NOT feature feats of strength, unless you consider hacking our way around the local golf courses, feats of strength.

Each November, my Dad, brother and family friend (Greg) rendez-vous in Pompano Beach Fla for a week of fun and frivolity. Red meat (almost raw) is consumed, along with copious amounts of (preferably cheap) red wine and scotch. Occasionally vegetables make a cameo appearance.

Yes - we go bohemian - at least for a few days.

And while this temporary lifestyle may not be great for our physical health, it is absolutely essential for our mental health!

Made possible by understanding spouses who are likely celebrating the peace and quiet in their own way!

See you in a week!

No comments: