Monday, March 03, 2008

My Pet Peeve

Recently I've found myself extremely frustrated at the local video store. The woman that runs the place is great and the selection is outstanding. No complaints there.

But I have one HUGE problem.

I can't read the friggin 2pt type on the back of the DVD cases. C'mon really - is someone actually supposed to be able to read this stuff without magnification?

I realize that reading glasses are the scourge of the middle aged, but I truly believe that Hollywood and all the major film studios have it out for me.

Perhaps the store should offer plastic magnifying glasses with every ten rentals. Or maybe they could install one of those bar code readers (like some of the retail stores have for price checking) except that in this case, they could provide a plot synopsis for those of us who can't see microscopic print.

In fact, the only narrative I CAN read on these cases are the headlines and they're usually lies!

Hilarious! Riveting! Non-stop action!

In hindsight, perhaps closing my eyes and picking randomly would work just as well.

No comments: