Sunday, December 02, 2007

My Tom Sawyer Moment


Late last winter, (in April for those of you NOT from the Midwest), I purchased a snow blower - virtually guaranteeing the end of snowfall for the season.

I was right. You're welcome.

Yesterday a big storm blew across the state and dumped about 4-5 inches of snow, sleet and freezing rain on us.

It was the best gift ever.

I fired up the snowblower and away I went. And I immediately understood why, in my old neighborhood, whenever someone got a new snowblower, they were so eager to "help me out" by snowblowing my driveway.

It's a LOT of fun.

Yesterday I found myself staring out the window, anxiously waiting for a couple of inches of accumulation before I could jump outside and get started. Mother Nature didn't fail me and soon I was blowing streams of snow into my neighbor's driveway, our lawn, into the cleared areas of our driveway and into my face....

Note to me: Check wind direction before starting.

I don't quite have the hang of it yet.

However, as a public service, I would like to share this fantastic experience with all my friends and neighbors. Next time snow is in the forecast, come on by and I'll let you have the time of your life, clearing out my driveway.

I'll even provide the gas.

No comments: