Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Some Companies "Get It"

I was just reading Seth Godin's blog on How to be a great receptionist. I know of at least one company that already "gets it".

And that's my local Lexus dealership.

The last time I arrived at my dealer to pick up my car, I was shown to the customer waiting room. It was a very tidy, comfortable, well appointed place, complete with complimentary beverages, freshly baked cookies and fresh fruit. In one corner was a TV. The coffee tables were anointed with recent magazines.

While the receptionist paged the Service Manager, my salesperson, "magically appeared" to say hello, greeting me by name. Shortly thereafter, the Service Manager arrived and explained what repairs were done to the car.

After paying for the repairs, I jumped in my newly washed car and drove off. There's not one thing I could think of, that would have improved my customer experience (well, except maybe a smaller bill).

This dealership really gets it - and lives up to the Lexus motto - the relentless pursuit of perfection.

And that's what I told the person who called me the very next day, to ask how my service experience was.

No comments: